The goal of CASA of Santa Barbara County is to prevent abused, neglected, and abandoned children from becoming lost in the Juvenile Dependency system and working to find them safe, permanent homes as soon as possible. We work carefully to match a CASA volunteer with a child to ensure that the child's best interest is served.
This volunteer has five essential roles:
1. Become a friend to the child.
2. Assist the Court by gathering information about each case and reporting his/her findings and recommendations.
3. Advocate for the child's voice in court.
4. Monitor the progress of the case as it moves through the system to reduce judicial delays and continuances.
5. Facilitate the services needed to maintain the active and positive growth of the child